It’s almost officially fall! The weather here in Seattle is now becoming overcast, cloudy and rainy. I’ve only been here in Seattle for a year and a half but am already in love with having a real fall season. We came from Arizona. If you’ve ever lived there, visited there, or done anything there… it stays pretty much the same color all year round.
I love fall. I love rainy, cloudy, orange weather. I love leaves falling. More importantly, I love hot chocolate and fall flavors… like pumpkin. So using my pregnancy as an excuse to feed my craving ideas, I decided we needed a Pumpkin Cheesecake in the house. I adapted from a gluten filled Betty Crocker recipe to make this pretty gal. Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t share the same love for pumpkin… oh well. More for me!
- 1 crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons GF all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 oz) plus 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon milk (I used lactaid)
- For the seasonings, I used a pumpkin spice seasoning blend and used a full teaspoon. My husband is anti-pumpkin flavors and I needed less pumpkin-y spice flavor.
- First things first, I used a Kinninnick Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust. I made the crust per box instructions and refrigerated 1 hour before prepping.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Place 1/2 cup in small bowl and leave for later. Add remaining ingredients except milk to the main mixture.. Continue to mix until smooth. Use this main mixture to pour into the pie pan.
- Add the milk to the set-aside cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth. Take a knife and the mixture and use the mixture to create swirls into the pumpkin mix.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out smooth. Chill for at least 20 minutes and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Want some more GF fall flavors?